ROLL ON RUST-OLEUM PAINT!
here is how i did it! there are plenty of diffrent way's to do it but this is what i found best for me. I DO NOT RECCOMEND DOING THIS ON A DECENT CAR OR IF YOU HAVE MONEY FOR A PRO PJ GO AHEAD THIS IS FOR THE PPL ON A TIGHT BUDGET OR DIY TYPE.
alright here is what you need. i got all my stuff from wal-mart. it's been a year since i last did mine and it hold's up very well. i had to do body work so i just touched mine up with two coat's but i just recently did a buddy of mine's car so i will post b4 and after pic's! two can's of gloss black, one spray can of gloss black for all the line's and crack's that you can't get with a roller, 6' foam roller's, mineral spirits, and lot's of sand paper wet or dry 3m is what i used.
1. sand down the whole car till it's all smooth just make sure you get all the clear coat off and it'll be good. you can either tape up like 2' of the window's and light's or just take them out. right now would be a good time to do the inside of the door's engine bay etc... once your done wash all the dust off and wipe the car down with mineral spirits. then break open the paint and stir it. dump it in a bowl or container to mix it in, then dump some mineral spirits in until it's between milk and water you don't want it runny and you dont want it to thick or it'll take forever to dry.
2. when you roll the paint dont press on either side of the roller, or you'll get line's. try to keep the roller flat. i like to start off with the roof so your not leaning on the car. once you roll the whole car my secret is going back over all of it either with a dry new roller or with the one you just had but dont put it in the paint keep it dry and let the weight of the roller lay over the whole car very lightly. let dry for 2-6 hour's before you put another coat on.
3. after the 2nd coat leave it sit overnight then. that's when i wet sand with 400g the next morning i do two coat's a day one in the morning and one in the afternoon. when you wet sand dont press very hard and dont do corner's but if there's any orange peel or line's work them out now. every time you wet sand you want to get any imperfection's out now.
if you dont get all the orange peel or line's out now they will show up on the next two worst! it'll look like sh*t at first but it'll look better as you go!
4. go ahead and put two more on with them same directions but after that wet sand with 600g. two more again and then wet sand with 800g. after you get the first 6 coat's on and your ready to put more on this time mix the paint the same but since you got a good bit on you wanna start putting it on a little thicker so this time when you roll the paint in the tray dont press to much paint out of the roller leave it in there. go ahead and put it on the car just make sure you put it on evenly. put them two on then go ahead and wet sand with like either 1500g or 1000g. make sure you do the last two coat's as good as possible because it will have to stay like that for a week or two.
5. make sure for a glass look you go over the whole car as soon as your done rolling it making it all smooth. some ppl need less some need more, i put 10 on mine depending on how you mix it. i mixed mine pretty thin to keep it all smooth. you can keep putting it on till your happy when your done you have to about a week or two before you can buff/wax it i wetsand with 2000g and then buff then wax.
here's the finished project's before wetsanding and buffing!
and here's my touch up's wet sanded with 2000g
and putting a coat on! you can see the reflection of me rolling it in the car lol.
and here it is waiting for buffing/wax.
ANY ?'S FEEL FREE TO ASK!